Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Explore Scientific eyepieces - get them while you can in the UK

I use an ES82 14mm with my C8 and it's great....sharp, and even with my bog-standard C8, I've struggled to see the field curvature that some have reported with this EP... last session I went looking for it as I hadn't noticed it before, and not convinced I found it.. but that's f/10.

The 100 degree range is supposed to take it up a gear. Astro-baby wrote a great review on the 14mm 100 - have a read on her site :cool:

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dunkster

then I will have to justify getting it I will need more help :evil:

They are a good eyepiece and I know I will regret it one day if I don't make the set

I have a 14mm TV Radian and think its a great eyepiece 12mm Nagler thats fabulous and a few others so really do I need it ?

I've got aperture fever really bad I need help

Doug

You've got it bad, bad, bad. I see a flurry of money changing hands. Not that this is a bad thing , mind you. Enjoy your new toys. You're making my fingers itch over the 14mm 100" button. Must resist .........

Barry

Sorry Barry

Sorry to make your fingers itch over the 14mm I can't help it I fill that at the end of all this buying I will have to sell somethings, just to make space :grin:

i'm hope that this will be the end after the 14mm

I use an ES82 14mm with my C8 and it's great....sharp, and even with my bog-standard C8, I've struggled to see the field curvature that some have reported with this EP... last session I went looking for it as I hadn't noticed it before, and not convinced I found it.. but that's f/10.

The 100 degree range is supposed to take it up a gear. Astro-baby wrote a great review on the 14mm 100 - have a read on her site :cool:

My Meade 14mm uwa does show mild fc on my f6 but you have to look for it and I can't say it bothers me. A slight refocus fixes it anyway.

The overall performance of the eyepiece far outweighs this minor niggle.

To day i recieved E/S 20mm 100fov and WOW what a eyepiece so tactile can't put it down can't waite to try it out but with the weather like it is may have to wait till summer :mad:

Now do I puchase the 14mm ?

The 9mm was so good it started me thinking and for me thats a bad thing :evil:

I have this little devil on one shoulder and a sensible guy on the other and they argue and argue and I'm in the middle :smiley: so to keep the piece I buy it :p:grin: well that's what i'm telling the wife :rolleyes:

what should I do devil or Mr senible ?

Congrats Doug!!

I doubt the 22 Nagler will see much action now with the new kid on the block!

If I were in your shoes the little devil in me would be whispering.....

"move it on and buy the 14mm to complete a set"

Come to think of it, the 20mm ES will show as much sky as your 26mm Nagler, the little devil now see's a "potential" sizeable fund :-)

When I compare my Nagler T5 20mm to the ES 20mm 100 I'm not just going to be looking at the edges of the field of view. As deep sky eyepieces I'm looking for high levels of light throughput, the ability to show contrast variations in faint and nebulous objects and the extent to which pincushion distortion and field curvature show themselves. The way the eyepiece interacts with a filter is important too as there are some objects which look so much better with a UHC / O-III filter. Viewing comfort and immersiveness are important to me as well in this type of eyepiece.

Lots to think about as I'm using them :smiley:

I agree with John

Ever though I have the E/S 100fov 20mm I still love my Naglers because they are shear quality and great light gatherer's Iwill still get to use them depending on the view I want

as for the 26 t5 whitch I thing is just a fantastic eyepiece as is the 22 t4 that goes with 12mm t4 and the 17mm t4 there a set :grin: and a lot of money invested in them

hopefully the weather will get a bit better soon I have a UCH 2" but don't have a O-lll filter

Thank John for pointing this out that I don't have a O-lll :sad: more money this year :grin:

thanks everyone

Bart

it's not my fault it all started with the forum about the 9mm 100FOV a few guys had one and it went from there and then atro baby brought one and that was it I had to try

so I purchased one and I used it on my scope in my garden I showed the wife Saturn all I got was WOW, WOW then I tried it on my friends 12"dob it was brillant

John,

you used to show your eyepieces ect on your signature I don't know what you have these day ?

what should I do devil or Mr senible ?

Sorry Doug, for asking that kind of question, I think you've come to the wrong place :D:evil: It'd be almost rude though to break up the party between your 9 and 20mm :rolleyes:

FWIW, I'm thinking more along the lines of the 13mm Ethos (if I get another job, or sell the car, or...) mostly because of the weight - the 13mm Ethos is listed as almost 300g lighter than the ES100 14mm :eek: and a I'd like to use it in my grab-and-go :cool: Until then, although the 14mm ES100 sounds great, I'll be sticking with the ES82 I think.

Dunster

I can also be the :evil: as there is a Ethos 13mm on Ebay :grin: "DOH"

to be honest it's take me a few years to get to this point with eyepieces as I've never had the photography bug I have alway wanted to see with my own eyes

if I did get the bug I would end up spending everything on it :evil: I know iv'e got it bad because this Ethos is calling me :eek:

Sorry Doug, for asking that kind of question, I think you've come to the wrong place :D:evil: It'd be almost rude though to break up the party between your 9 and 20mm :rolleyes:

FWIW, I'm thinking more along the lines of the 13mm Ethos (if I get another job, or sell the car, or...) mostly because of the weight - the 13mm Ethos is listed as almost 300g lighter than the ES100 14mm :eek: and a I'd like to use it in my grab-and-go :cool: Until then, although the 14mm ES100 sounds great, I'll be sticking with the ES82 I think.

the ethos takes about 100% more weight out of your wallet.infact for the price you save going for the ES you could get a decent chunk of gold to balance it out :D

Archived