NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Explore Scientific eyepieces - get them while you can in the UK

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont want to tempt you but Hands On Optics in the US are having a 10% sale off everything, and their delivery charge is reasonable............I'm telling myself I CAN do without the 14mm 100*....but I think I'm losing the battle.......

Thing is, do I want to....???

Not sure as I dont have another ES eyepiece but it is big and heavy, 12 Nagler T4 in pic for reference.

Sent mobile

That is an impressive peice of glassware! If it gets a good report I might have to convince my wife that I need one :grin:

Dont want to tempt you but Hands On Optics in the US are having a 10% sale off everything, and their delivery charge is reasonable............I'm telling myself I CAN do without the 14mm 100*....but I think I'm losing the battle.......

Thing is, do I want to....???

I agree BUY IT! :p

Yes you do NEED it! That lens is vital to your future happiness :grin:

I like this thinking! An investment in my future happiness, eh? Hard to argue against that...

That is an impressive peice of glassware! If it gets a good report I might have to convince my wife that I need one :grin:

I can assure you Rob, it is a lovely piece of glass, works a beauty in my 16" (esp with a coma corrector), hence the lust for the 14mm. It also doubles as my home gym. My right arm gets a good workout while out observing!! I look like a lop sided Popeye

Barry

I like this thinking! An investment in my future happiness, eh? Hard to argue against that...

I can assure you Rob, it is a lovely piece of glass, works a beauty in my 16" (esp with a coma corrector), hence the lust for the 14mm. It also doubles as my home gym. My right arm gets a good workout while out observing!! I look like a lop sided Popeye

Barry

Yes I'll tell my wife that I'm investing in home gym equipment - she likes keep fit stuff - she might go for it :evil:

This thread tiggered me to order with Optical-Systems and I have no complaints what so ever.

Here is my experience with my order for the Es100 9mm from Optical Systems:

Wednesday 16 February, 21.28 hrs: ordered

Monday 21 January, 12.10 hrs: Confirmation of shipping from the warehouse in Germany.

Wednesday 23 January:

14.23 hrs: email from to me O-S with a question on shipping

15.57 hrs: email respons with the right

~17.00 hrs: eyepiece delivered on location in the Netherlands, properly packaged and in perfect state:

Photo%2024-01-13%2020%2016%2001.jpg

5 working days from order to delivery. No complaints from my side.

So did you get the eyepiece or not? I thought you said the EP was ok?

This is typical UPS 'quality' of delivering a package and nothing to blame ES/Optical Systems for IMO. I read the horror stories on UPS on almost any forum I frequent.

You were right to file a complaint with UPS as this is definitely not the way a company, whose core business is to handle packages, should handle a shipment.

However, Optical-Systems is accountable, so they need to solve this for you.

I can imagine you are not happy and annoyed at this moment, but my own experience with them, I would give Optical-Systems the benefit of the doubt at this point.

When something goes wrong people start complaining on the internet. But there are much satisfied customers which were served well... and those you don't hear.

Looking forward on the followup and how they are going to resolve this situation.

Just my 2 cents....

Oops...something went wrong quoting.

This is what I wanted to quote:

snapback.pngBilly- the -Badger, on 24 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Well looky here

This arrived this morning

attachicon.gifIMG_0793.jpg

Now i live at No 42

This was Delivered to no 47

when he realised they were out he left it at No 48

What a shower of poop

Thankfully the EP was ok but i would advise other members to steer well clear of Optical Systems

snapback.pngBilly- the -Badger, on 24 January 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

You a correct.

But 6 days from Germany vs 3 from USA

Didn't exactly rush themselves

Even worse than that upon opening the es box that was un damaged. NO EYEPIECE

All I have now is packaging. Spent the last hour on the phone to UPS and sending emails to Optical Systems. Not happy

A quick update. Discovery one. You are quite correct.

I was having a red mist moment.

UPS is the villain not Optical Systems.

I emailed them yesterday and received a reply this morning apologising even when it wasn't there fault. They asked for more info about the delivery disaster.

And then in a second e mail confirmed that they are sending out another EP.

So all is good I would like to apologise to anyone who I put off from purchasing from Optical Systems.

I was having a rant.

Lets just hope UPS can deliver this one without Destroying/loosing it.

A quick update. Discovery one. You are quite correct.

I was having a red mist moment.

UPS is the villain not Optical Systems.

I emailed them yesterday and received a reply this morning apologising even when it wasn't there fault. They asked for more info about the delivery disaster.

And then in a second e mail confirmed that they are sending out another EP.

So all is good I would like to apologise to anyone who I put off from purchasing from Optical Systems.

I was having a rant.

Lets just hope UPS can deliver this one without Destroying/loosing it.

I'm pleased for you that things are getting sorted out!

I think you can be forgiven for a rant - losing hundreds of pounds of valuable glass can push even the calmest of us to vent our spleen

Archived