Long time viewer or SGL, first time poster

Twisted Lip

Hi all, as the topic says I've followed SGL for a long time but only joined today - main reason is I'm trying to make the move from 'conventional' astronomy (I own a few large Orion Dobs, small reflector been stargazing for many years) to Astrophotography and its got to the stage I just simply need to ask for help!

So firstly thanks for the great forum and letting people like myself 'creep in the background'!

Will

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Will welcome to SGL, glad you finally decided to come in from the cold and join us, there are plenty of people here only to willing to help you out with your astro questions, sadly being a newbie myself i wont be one of them :grin:.

saying that im looking forward to seeing your images sometime in the near future, clear skys and a steady hand.

Welcome to SGL

If you're interested in astrophotography then the first thing to do is to get a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" which covers a lot of the ground. It's quite different in many ways from visual observing and daytime photography.

James

Hi Will and welcome to SGL, before making any moves towards the dark side, a copy of the book James has recommended will go a long way towards helping you go down the right road. Posting in the various imaging sections may also be of advantage to you, as there is a wealth of knowledge among the forums Astro imagers :)

John.

Welcome to SGL :)

The decision was deliberate to keep all the Astro boards open to all, so that even if you didn't want to join us you could still benefit from all the post.

Good that you've joined though. I look forward to reading your AP questions...!

Cheers

Ant

Archived