Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello everyone!

mattytheshark

Hi everyone,

Just a brief introduction to say hi!

My name is Matt and I live near Clitheroe in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire. I first got bitten by the 'bug' two years ago while on a trans-atlantic cruise on board the Queen Mary 2. I don't know if there has been anyone else from the forum on board this ship but Cunard have a good link with the RAS and have lecturers on board talking about all things astronomical. Tom Boles was the speaker on board my cruise and he was superb; so much so that I decided that I would look into astromomy when I was back in the UK.

After a few binocular evenings I decided to purchase a scope. A celestron 127 Mak which was great. Just upgraded to a Celestron C9.25 SCT on a CG-5 mount. I also want to try a bit of AP and so bought a Meade DSI off ebay to try out (although without a great deal of success thus far!)

I have also just completed the Open University short course 'Galaxies, Stars and Planets' which has awakened my interest in cosmology and astrophysics too.

I'm looking forward to learning more from you guys!

Matt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Matt

Sounds like you already have some sound knowledge on the subject but this is the right place to learn and progress. Some great people on here who are very friendly and always give great help & advice when needed.

Enjoy :smiley:

Welcome to SGL

The C9.25 is a great planetary imaging scope -- have a look through the planetary imaging section to see what some people are achieving with it. In fact, the 127 Mak is no slouch either given it's often marketed at beginners.

James

Archived