Hello from Milton Keynes!

win9nut

Hi all,

Reading through the first few topics in the welcome forum, it looks like a really nice community you have here :)

I'm a complete novice when it comes to astronomy and am just waiting for delivery of my Celestron Astromaster 130EQ.

I'm really interested in astrophotography and all the related sciences and am looking forward to perhaps being of some use myself in the SGL forums when I have acquired a bit of experience!

Can't wait for my scope to arrive!

All the best

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Win9nut and welcome to SGL, if you want to extend into AP with your new scope, I would suggest you obtain a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" available through FLO, see top of page, or direct from Steve himself ( Steppenwolf ) who is also a member of this forum. There are many pitfalls with AP, especially when you find out you have made purchases that turn out to be of no use, so it is better to have some knowledge before going down this route. If you download the free program Stellarium, this will help you as guide to the night sky and a copy of the book Turn Left at Orion will also come strongly recommended by the forum members, as this is written with the small scope user in mind and will help you to find many of the subjects to observe in the Constellations throughout the year, available through the big online outlets or from good high street book shops, enjoy your new scope :)

John.

Thanks everyone!

Glowjet, I have ordered a copy of Steve Richards book thank you very much for the tip :)

DWC, I'll have a look at the MKAS website thanks. They meet in Bletchley don't they?

I've been wanting to get a scope for years but only just finding time now that I've finished studying.

Hi and welcome. I'm sure your new scope will bring you many pleasant nights with the night sky.

Just like John said "Making Every Photon Count" is a must read if you want to get into to AP without tearing your hair out, and Turn Left at Orion is a very good first guidebook to popular sky objects.

Welcome aboard!

Archived