Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Iowa!

Kaywieny

Hello all! New to astronomy and new to a Celestron Astromaster 114EQ. The daughter and I are avid campers and decided this last summer on a starry night we wanted to see more of the Universe, learn about the constellations, more about the planets, and see a few comets. Today I'm going to spend some of the day learning about the Equatorial Mount and moving the scope. I took it out for an hour last night and was only able to see a few stars (and a plane) using the 20mm eyepiece, but really I didn't know what I was doing. I'm also going to look into a new finderscope as I guess the one that comes with the model is...not very good. I of course will take any suggestions for equipment with this scope, eyepieces, advice about patience, and using the scope all together. Thanks, all!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the lounge, I thik this scope only comes with a 20mm EP, if so, I would consider maybe a 30mm Plossl EP and a 2x Barlow, this will give you the range of 10mm, 15mm, 20mm and 30mm EPs which is a good mid range. Happy viewing.

Dave

Archived