Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pleiades!!!!!!!

Nick82

Hi,

The Pleiades are brilliant through binoculars or a low power/wide fov telescope. The way it changes from a slightly fuzzy patch of stars to the naked to this beautiful collection of lovely stars set against a backgound of fainter stars that you cannot see with the naked eye - is always breathtaking. Try the double cluster between Perseus and Cassiopeia.

From a very dark site you can pick up the nebulosity through which the cluster is passing. They need to be high and the night clear, but above all you need to a very long way from any lighting. Lovely cluster!

1+ for the Double Cluster and Stock 2 nearby - the cluster that looks like Leonardo's man with arms and legs spread out.

Olly

Yeah it was defo breathtaking!

As you said, you can hardly see it with the naked eye! I'm brand new to this (got my celestron 15x70 for Xmas) and that was the first proper clear night since I've had them! Truly amazing what we were picking up

yep, not been out for an age now, very annoying to have a decent christmas break and not one chance to do any observing. ive even played about with stellarium ,seeing what will fit into an eyepiece ive not used in anger yet. sad or what.

Archived