New to stargazing

Debbie

Hello all,

just got my first telescope after years of wanting one. Sky has been too cloudy to try out as of yet.

i have a sky watcher BK1309 EQ2. It all looks a bit complicated at the moment but I'm sure ill get the hang of it over time. Looking forward to learning all about the stars and seeing new sights in the night sky.

Debbie.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the same telescope as you debbie! Looking at it blows my mind but i did manage to set it up yesterday and get a cheeky look at the moon in good detail and Jupiter and 3 of its moons. If you need some help with it let me know. also someone posted a PDF which i will post up in afew seconds as its on another post.

Welcome!

Hi Debbie and welcome to SGL, nice scope you have the130, which will give you some rewarding views. Try downloading the free program Stellarium, which will help you locate many of the popular targets presently visible in the night sky, a copy of TL@O will also not go amiss, written with small telescopes in mind, this will help guide you along the Astronomical highway, enjoy your Astronomy :icon_santa:

John.

Hello and welcome , hope you enjoy your stay here on SGL , all the help and advice from a great bunch of friendly people and some advice you wont need and some advice you wished you has never askd advice for in the first place. Is that a tadge ( northern slang) to much advice? :laugh:

Hi debbie and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting a new scope and a shame the weather has played along for you but it can only get better! Please don't hesitate to ask any question that is important to you as the the only daft question is the one you didn't ask. Stellarium and Turn Left at Orion (as John has suggested above) will set you up for some great views and remember that astronomy isn't difficult - it's just that there is a lot of it! :grin: :grin:

Wishing you clear skies soon and enjoy the forum.

James

Archived