Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cheap Power Tank for Goto

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

What you want is Ah, and I see no specifications on all of these except the Silverline wich has 12Ah. This would be enough, but you should be able to find better ones. If I had to pick one of these, this would be the one for that simple reason. But again, the weight seems a bit low as it states item weight 3kg and boxed weight 13kg. Wut?

The Universal one is too light. Wont have enough battery on board with just 3kg. The Portable Power station has horrible reviews. Therefore I wouldn't recommend either of these.

I would recommend you look around a bit more to find a 17Ah one, this should be enough to power both mount and a heatstrip on mid power for the duration of the evening. You could get away with less, but not for those extended marathon sessions.

I like the look of the mid Maplin unit. 17Ah (and a compressor to blow up your comfy chair) but the stock checker says they are all out... :sad:

I had been looking at a specific PowerTank but will take the advice here and nab one from Maplin.

I like the look of the mid Maplin unit. 17Ah (and a compressor to blow up your comfy chair) but the stock checker says they are all out... :sad:

I had been looking at a specific PowerTank but will take the advice here and nab one from Maplin.

Have you thought about makng your own power tank. There are some well documented power tank projects in the diy section.

Regards

Marc

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

imho, the power tanks are a cheap and nasty heap of junk build down to a price so the cheapest components are used with little or zero quality control. At the core of them is a piddly little battery that on a good day is 17Ahr but probably nearer 10Ahr with an awful mains charger that may or may not charge it. All you need out of the yellow perils is the battery all the rest is plastic scrap which you pay for.

Investing in a proper deep cycle battery and a proper battery charger/conditioner which will last 5+ years is the most economic and reliable way to go.

imho, the power tanks are a cheap and nasty heap of junk build down to a price so the cheapest components are used with little or zero quality control. At the core of them is a piddly little battery that on a good day is 17Ahr but probably nearer 10Ahr with an awful mains charger that may or may not charge it. All you need out of the yellow perils is the battery all the rest is plastic scrap which you pay for.

Investing in a proper deep cycle battery and a proper battery charger/conditioner which will last 5+ years is the most economic and reliable way to go.

A very important point there, a poor quality charger will shorten the life of even the best battery

Archived