Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1100d timer remote

allcart

having just got hold of a 1100d, I find that my intervalometer is not compatable. I can't find a Canon specific timer, so what are you guys using. Using the camera menus I can only programme it to take 10 x 30secs subs at most.

What are you guys using as an intervalometer or are you all wired to laptops..

laptop and the new v2.0 apt, you can not beat sitting in the warm watching the images coming on to your screen, instead of having to continually go out to check and disturb your set up. My vice is playing battlefield3 while imaging. :grin:

Got the remote from the Amazon link, also got a battery eliminator from Andy at Astronomiser , but I also downloaded APT and got a couple of 12mtr active usb leads so I can join you in the warm Danielle.

• 1 month later...

laptop and the new v2.0 apt, you can not beat sitting in the warm watching the images coming on to your screen, instead of having to continually go out to check and disturb your set up. My vice is playing battlefield3 while imaging. :grin:

hi whats v2.0 apt and where do you get it from?

cheers sam

I have one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wired-LCD-Timer-Remote-Control-Shutter-Release-Canon-1100D-1000D-600D-550D-60D-/271077489739?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item3f1d7a3c4b pretty good and once set up can be left to take as many subs as you want for almost as long as you want and will allow a delay between each for the sensor to cool. The only gripe I found with it is the LCD display doesnt like the cold so it pays to rubber band a hand warmer to it on those cold nights.

I have one of these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f1d7a3c4b pretty good and once set up can be left to take as many subs as you want for almost as long as you want and will allow a delay between each for the sensor to cool. The only gripe I found with it is the LCD display doesnt like the cold so it pays to rubber band a hand warmer to it on those cold nights.

I stick mine in a freezer bag......keeps it dry, the display has never been a problem.....

I've just bought a couple of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150957471049?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's a wireless version of the remote which means you keep the controller with you (about 50m range) so no problems with heaters and bags

You can see how many shots have been taken and when each exposure ends. Why did I buy two? Set to the same channel I can fire both

my 600D's simultaneously running identical exposures. I don't have to bother disturbing the camera's to check the images as I now use

eye-fi SD cards and the image is sent to my ipad ten seconds after the exposure.

Archived