Hello!

Stisse

Hi all of you stargazers.

I'm a newbie when it comes to astronomy, actually I'm going to get myself a Skymax-127 on a EQ3 SyncScam tripod as a birthday present in a few weeks. The boxes are currently securely stowed away by my wife, I really love her :-)

Planning to use it for some astro photography, but I'll take one step a time, learning the equipment and how to navigate my way around the night sky first, then I'll continue with a DSLR if I can find a 3/4 adapter or my Olympus E5, later I think that I will invest in a web cam connected to my computer. Then I'll see in what direction my interest will take me. Who knows maybe I can use it for bird watching.

//Stisse

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL.

A 127 Mak on a synscan EQ3-2 will be excellent for planetary imaging and if you can fit a T-ring to the DSLR you can do full disc lunar and solar (with a filter) imaging too. DSOs may be more tricky, but there's plenty of fun to be had.

James

Hello from me too and welcome aboard. I have EQ3-2 Pro SynScan which is a great mount and has so far lent itself very well to astrophotography, although I have yet to stretch its legs with regards to DSO imaging as it has simply been too cloudy and I have used it twice for visual to get used to it, then some photography last week (Moon and Jupiter).

Let us know how you get on :)

Archived