Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new review website

Guest adam hinds

Wasn't pointing the finger Adam, you and your company are above reproach, but we are constantly bombarded by websites that are fronts for commercial enterprises.....for example, I only recently found out the Cloudy nights was just such an entity!!!!

JV (No offence intended Adam)

In fairness to CloudyNights I don't see much in the way of involvement from Astronomics (the 'sponsors') beyond the absolute insistence (as enforced by their mods) that it doesn't become a platform for abusing other retailers so I wouldn't call it a 'front' as such.

I look forward to seeing what 'Telescope Reviews' has to offer.

James

we are constantly bombarded by websites that are fronts for commercial enterprises .....for example, I only recently found out the Cloudy nights was just such an entity!!!!

Actually, CN began as a privately owned site and from what I understand it might have faded away if Astronomics hadn't stepped up to the plate when the owner needed to step down.

Here's a statement by (I think) the owner of Astronomics: The Future of Cloudy Nights

The story of exactly what happened was buried somewhere in CN and I recall reading it after registering during the transition. I can't find it now though, and am guessing it was lost when the site was given it's new look, or maybe it was purposefully removed after things settled down.

Btw.. thanks for the link, Adam! :lol:

• 1 year later...

Archived