SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Andromeda wide.

ollypenrice

Some were... Last night the engineers said that one of the windows in the cockpit could possibly blow, so it was up to me if I wished to accept the aircraft with 150 booked passengers to be airworthy and go to Nice.

Well, I thought, I'll do anything to get Olly to sigma stack - so we took off :-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olly - a nice YouTube video of how you did the processing on this fabulous M31 would go down well...!!

I bet there's an enormous amount of work & skill involved here, but the results speak for themselves - the image is just stunning. The only images that come close that I've seen recently are the other posts of M31 by Steve2310 and by Les Tilly.

The star colour you've pulled out in this M31 is just amazing.

Olly - a nice YouTube video of how you did the processing on this fabulous M31 would go down well...!!

I bet there's an enormous amount of work & skill involved here, but the results speak for themselves - the image is just stunning. The only images that come close that I've seen recently are the other posts of M31 by Steve2310 and by Les Tilly.

The star colour you've pulled out in this M31 is just amazing.

You have to leave me something to teach on my courses!!

No, seriously, this was done in so many stages, combining an old image with a new, that I wouldn't know where to begin. However I must try to put a video together, I really must.

Les's image was fabulous and showed the value of Ha, of which we have only a scrap for now, but I don't think I saw Steve's. I'll have a look for it.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Olly

Hi

Yes a video would be nice :evil:

And I hope you know I think its a great piece of work --just like making your life hell :kiss::grin:

Harry

But you don't, Harry! It's always a pleasure to hear your views!! Hell is doing the washing up, not doing an image...

Olly

Superb Olly / Ian, You put the time in and you get the results,

Its lovely to see a deep well processed image of m31, the depth, colour and

sharpness of the image inspires me to do better.

Looking forward to you next Masterpiece.

As countless others have said a video would be great

Paul.

You just keep on raising the bar Ollie. Its hard to judge between your image and Les's as I can't view yours as a large image, but both are amazing.

Mine as a fullsize JPEG is here. http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2163707616&k=zsQLrnQ&lb=1&s=O At this scale you can see that some data from a larger telescope would come in handy. I have a number of similar images from the little Tak which would benefit from some luminance from the TEC140 so I'll get it on the mount pretty soon. I only need it for key areas so this technique is quite quick.

Olly

Yeah that's nice.

Loads of detail in the dust lanes and a nice noise free background.

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

Thanks. The background sky and field stars are RGB only and just an hour per channel. No big secrets. Flats and DBE did the rest.

Olly

Archived