Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha I have stuff that didn't even get up in the blumming loft so sorted all that out ready then Thursday night linden will go up in loft and get the other stuff down to check and be ready for when our lift arrives at 11am Friday, hoping its dry so I can get it all outside before he arrives then it will be a case of chuck it in car and go lol.... Still have to get a few bits and bobs food wise but that's it, even got my clothes ready that I'm going in lol :-)

Slight change of subject.... I shall be leaving home about 1.30pm and there around 4.30pm assuming lovely M25/M1 traffic is ok. Should be able to get sorted before it gets dark!

As for weather, it will do what it does, not going to look at a forecast until just before.

Been twice now and have managed at least some observing each time. Only advice I would give is to take any chance, and not go to bed if there is a chance of it clearing. Shane and I managed some decent views last year when many were asleep! I learnt my lesson the first year when I missed the best skies of the weekend by sleeping through it!

Stu

Aha a few of us last year wer stood drinking and hoping that the fog would go away, it kept lifting and we wud get excited then it would set back in, we all manage some sort of astronomy even if its just thru talking lol, I give everyone permission to wake me though :-)

Should I bring a fog horn? That'd definitely wake everyone ha ha

As far as I'm concerned..... 'YES'!!

I am there as my one dedicated astro trip of the year so sleep can take a back seat for the weekend :-). Got Monday off although I need to leave quite early as Mrs Makstutov only has a half day off (she doesn't like being called Mrs BigMakstutov for some reason :p)

Stu

Archived