NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

i have converted

sam mayo

i thought it was goingto be planets that gave me that funny feeling lol but i have just been using stellerium to learn the sky and managed to find andromeda (i say managed it was really obvious once i had found it),was amazing and also liked m32 ,clusters are stunning cant wait to have some decent eps can already see were the improvement can be made.

just a shame i have to go to bed work tomz,night all and hope every 1 has a gd obs tonight.sam :grin: :grin: :grin:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean, DSO's do it for me along with everything else. Maybe just me but I never really understand when people say they are only interested in planets, DSO's etc. If I looked for just one category I would feel I was missing out. Got to be in it for everything the skies have to offer. Congrats on M31.

it might sound a bit stupid but for me its just as much about the imagination as it is the sight you are seeing,which i found planets easier due to living on one but after seeing andromeda, then had a eureka moment and it was similar for dso's,if i didn't have an imagination it would just be like looking at a space christmas tree !!

thanks for the replys !

2 down 1000 billion billion to go better get crackin if i want to be finished by lunch ! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sam Mayo, you are totally right. Imagination is what it is all about. Alot of DSO's are very faint and difficult to see, but when you think about what they are, how far away they are and what it is like there, it is amazing we can see them at all.

Enjoy!

Stu

Archived