Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Member about to spend!

pringlepowell

Well I've finally registered after stealing advice for what seems like ages ;0)

Having sold on my broken SLT127 Mak (the typical curse of the plastic mount fittings!) I've recently invested in a splendid new Skywatcher 200PDS and I'm saving up for a HEQ5 Pro mount. So far only had fun using the finderscope, having been used to a meagre red dot finder previously. I have a Sony Nex 3 camera, yes that's right, the one you can't fit a remote to, and was wondering how you can take multiple frame shots with it. I know there is an exposure time limit of 30 seconds, but I am keen to move onto some more ambitios imaging with my new higher aperture scope and sturdier mount.

Cheers and it's nice to be here at last...........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on a very good scope and hope you can get the HEQ5 soon as those two together will give you a very good start in imaging- look forward to seeing the results!

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

It's quite frustrating at the moment, wonderful clear skies in Kent for once and a perfect view of the Milky Way last night, and no mount yet!

Any views on the Nex-3 question, or should I be asking somewhere else for that?

Archived