M16, Olly's version.

ollypenrice

Yves did most of the capture on this one and we shared thoughts on processing. This is a narrowband dominated image and I'm no good at that! It has 9 hours Ha, a bit less O111 and an hour per channel RGB, all in Yves' ODK14. Yves has got much better stars. These are pretty naff! Must try harder. Anyway, the whole image;

M16-Eagle-HaO111RGB-19Hrs-web-XL.jpg

then a crop of the Claw

M16-Eagle-HaO111RGB-claw-web-XL.jpg

and finally, for a bit of fun, the nebula right at the top which we decided to call The Running Ninja Nebula...

runing-ninja-web-M.jpg

Olly

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i aint had my scope out since 6th may :mad: can i come live at your house? :grin: :grin: :grin: , amazing pics i would be happy just to see a star right now.

pete

Well actually, yes, since it is an astronomy guest house!!!

Olly

Great image Olly, you are the master of the universe :grin:

That was Adam, Prince of Eternia AKA He-man! Unless Olly rides a green tiger and swings swords about - Not sure Yves would be too happy about this near his ODK! Plus i expect its a bit nippy at that altitude for loin-cloth action :o

That was Adam, Prince of Eternia AKA He-man! Unless Olly rides a green tiger and swings swords about - Not sure Yves would be too happy about this near his ODK! Plus i expect its a bit nippy at that altitude for loin-cloth action :o

You'd be surprised...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olly

Super shot Olly. I prefer this higher contrast than Yves' version (Sorry Yves). I certainly don't notice any issues with the stars. I see what you mean about the Ha strenght though. I think if you could nab another few hours of RGB data,it would really show in the image. I had the same problem with Seimis 47. I found it hard to balance the colour correctly. In fact never did to any satisfaction. How to get the Ha detail in the pic without making the red channel saturate. Maybe throw some Ha into each channel?

T.

Wonderfull! It's a great image! I just put a small deconvolution over it here, and I think it even gets a tad sharper without gaining noise or so... (except the jpg noise, it should be done on the original 16 bit to gain the most). I attached it. If that's not ok, just tell me and I'll remove it again...

post-16343-0-57224600-1342830135_thumb.j

Archived