Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

October South West Starparty - including during and after discussions :-)

Greg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jon and Greg.

It's better than my first go at M31.

Not too chuffed with the star bloating though, but happy the galaxy is showing more depth this time. My first attempt had some lane detail but was pretty flat.

Thanks James. It certainly seems to be a [removed word] to process, steep learing curve you say, more a vertical cliff :grin:

I have a strong feeling by early next year, A brown box from FLO containing a 314L will be landing on my door step.

Do you remember my cnverastion when I came to see you in Feb this year.

It went along the lines of, only wanting the 8SE as a family visual GOTO scope.

I didn't want to go down the imaging route as I knew it would be a slippery slope............

Image below was my 1st go at M31, pretty flat looking, but not bad for a 1st DSO image nevemind a first M31.

8005017703_ce7820397b_b.jpg

It went along the lines of, only wanting the 8SE as a family visual GOTO scope.

I didn't want to go down the imaging route as I knew it would be a slippery slope............

I do remember :grin:

There was a time when I was a visual only astronomer and I was resisting quite strongly pressure to give imaging a go. I was pretty blunt and borderline rude at any mention of imaging until I saw a 30 second sub of NGC7331 show up on Steve's laptop... a week later I'd pushed him out the way and taken up imaging myself.

Slippery slope indeed :grin:

James

I do remember :grin:

There was a time when I was a visual only astronomer and I was resisting quite strongly pressure to give imaging a go. I was pretty blunt and borderline rude at any mention of imaging until I saw a 30 second sub of NGC7331 show up on Steve's laptop... a week later I'd pushed him out the way and taken up imaging myself.

James

Don't start Me off again... I went back to visual... Then...

• 1 month later...

I have found a luxury holiday retreat in Devon, with jacuzzi spa, exclusive lodges and kids facilities, fishing lakes etc..

The owners have invited me there for a night to check out the dark sky...

It'll be hard work .... But I know you guys will appreciate it!!

Wish me luck..

Greg

East Devon...

No Bar...

Villiage Pub about 5 Mins Drive..

On permission from the owners, could supply a 11 carlsberg (88pts) running via a remote cooler presuming we have electric on hand will cost around 75pence a pint?!

Archived