Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

October South West Starparty - including during and after discussions :-)

Greg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good James. I haven't even touched my subs yet.

We have been too busy getting mud out of stuff, clothes, boots, tent, basically anything that went with us :-)

Does anyone know of a nice hotel with large patio area and clear views on Exmoor, that we could take over for a weekend?

Needs to have a bar area that leads out to the patio area :-)

Cheers,

Grahame.

Does anyone know of a nice hotel with large patio area and clear views on Exmoor, that we could take over for a weekend?

Needs to have a bar area that leads out to the patio area :-)

That thought crossed my mind too - now that we've proven we're all tough perhaps some luxury is called for :grin:

James

i hassled every 1 about their cameras makes what they think price etc and had great feedback at the party and i was going to buy one today but thought id get your opinion's now i now the face's behind the names and trust your opinions ;)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CANON-EOS-REBEL-T3-1100D-DSLR-CAMERA-18-55mm-KIT-/320904034870?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCam because its a rebel t3 didnt know what difference it makes and seems the cheapest i can find ,any input is very welcomed good or bad thanks sam

Someone else with more up-to-date knowledge of the EOS series will be able to help with choice of model but 'Rebel' tells you it is a camera intended for the American market. It's a marketing thing, the Americans like names and we like letters/numbers/acronyms so in the US they name the Canon EOS series 'Rebel'.

HTH,

Steve :smiley:

i hassled every 1 about their cameras makes what they think price etc and had great feedback at the party and i was going to buy one today but thought id get your opinion's now i now the face's behind the names and trust your opinions ;)http://www.ebay.co.u...eras_DigitalCam because its a rebel t3 didnt know what difference it makes and seems the cheapest i can find ,any input is very welcomed good or bad thanks sam

Have you checked out http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/ for used or http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/ for new yet? As Steve mentioned, it was intended for the US market which is probably no big deal but I'd want to know why the dealer isn't selling European stock. I'd also want to know what sort of warranty is being offered for £41.99.

yea mbp photographic is cheap but not as cheap.i will see if i can find out or ring him because he has a near perfect sellers history! but im not a fan of ebay so mbp is will probably be<thanks for the web addresses

Just a thought Sam, if you're set on getting the 1100D check out Jessops http://www.jessops.com/Directory/catalogue.ashx/$s=canon%201100d%20camera?cm_mmc=GooglePPC-_-Digital-SLRs-_-Canon-EOS-1100D-_-NULL&gclid=CLSC3_Pth7MCFTMRtAodLn4Auw

1100 D body with 18-55 £302.95, body with 18-55 IS £368.00.

Jessops has free delivery and the warranty is included so that evens up the price somewhat - Ebay £9.99 postage and £41 warranty. Also, with a company like Jessops there's the potential to claim the VAT back!

Just a thought Sam, if you're set on getting the 1100D check out Jessops http://www.jessops.c...CFTMRtAodLn4Auw

1100 D body with 18-55 £302.95, body with 18-55 IS £368.00.

Jessops has free delivery and the warranty is included so that evens up the price somewhat - Ebay £9.99 postage and £41 warranty. Also, with a company like Jessops there's the potential to claim the VAT back!

Go with Jessops Sam... Go and look at one in your nearest Jessops store and they'll match the online price anyway.. Thats what I did with my 650D

Been a bit busy working on other stuff but managed to get some pics from the weekend finished today.

The first is a mini swamp near James' tent that no matter how hard I tried to avoid, I still kept trudging through after dark.

The second is Sam doing a Jamie Oliver in the back of his van. Following his Sue remark and that evil pic of James, Greg and me, I very nearly posted a doctored version. What do you reckon guys? :evil:

The next two are general shots of the campsite looking east. The LP, greatly exaggerated by the camera, is from Taunton (I think), although Wiveliscombe and Miverton also seem to be in the same direction. Hilary's refractor is nearest the camera and Dave's newt next, and for the record, it wasn't me that looked down the end with a red light head torch. Honest, Dave!

Next is James busy setting up. Greg was there too but failed to remain still enough to register in any of the three or four 30 second exposures that were taken.

Sam's dob is next, famous for being peed on by the friendly but territorial farm dog.

Kev's newt next with Jimi at the eyepiece and Greg and Sam deep in conversation while I lurk in the mud.

Finally Grahame working on subs of M31. Apologies again for the constant yawning Grahame - I don't do beer and late nights very well!

Hope you like the pics and roll on the next one!

post-6008-0-85474500-1350493360_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-41091100-1350493390_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-21019700-1350493491_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-20412700-1350493532_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-87496400-1350493567_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-35748500-1350493596_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-37035100-1350493627_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-40088300-1350494993_thumb.jp

Nice Milky Way pictures :)

My money is on Taunton for the LP. Wiveliscombe does have some street lighting, but it's really not a big place at all and sits at the bottom of quite a quite a bowl. We get a little of it here, but we're barely two miles away. Milverton also has very little street lighting to the best of my recollection. Taunton, and perhaps to a lesser extent Wellington, well, one might think their residents burn used twenties to keep themselves warm in winter the way they light up the night sky.

James

great photos milky way look amazing that hansom chap in th van aswell, was to late to read your reply greg about jessops i brought a 1100d with 18 to summin lense brand new with 1 years warranty for 280 quid thought it was a good deal would have took your advice if i had read it before i purchsed thanks anyway,how long was those pics to get the ilky way like that john?

That Dob looks positively obscene. :eek:

Thanks Tony. I'm trying to come up with a witty response that will be acceptable on this forum and failing miserably. :confused:

Sam - they are all 30 second exposures. Have fun with your new camera!

Archived