Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

October South West Starparty - including during and after discussions :-)

Greg

I'm looking at arranging a South West starparty for the weekend 12th/13th/14th October 2012..Here.. http://www.halsefarm.co.uk/index.htm

The Starparty will be at a registered dark sky location on Exmoor at a family run farm/campsite, which has good reviews with all the amenities..

I'm just looking at a general who's interested and would like to come along to an informal, family friendly starparty.

http://www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk/visiting/things-to-do/?a=164534

For those who don't know me, i'm used to organising starparty's as any of the MODs will verify as it was myself who found the Lucksall site and did most of the arranging of the fist one.

Anyway any one who's interesed then post here...

Cheers

Greg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Greg,

Kai has just alerted me to your post in another post on the Devon and Cornwall group pages (might be worth re-posting there as well). Although it is still some time in the future and it is difficult to be certain that we would be OK to go, I would certainly like to put myself/family forward as a definite/possibility!!

Hi Greg, my wife and I would be interested if you can supply us with any further information when available, such as prices etc as the website doesn't give them for October, and booking arrangements. Cheers

Prices are here..But i'm hoping they give us a bit of a discount for a block booking.. But hey ho if they don't .....

http://www.halsefarm.co.uk/booking.htm

I don't think I know the Halse Farm camp site, but it's not very far from here at all so I may well be up for it. Be interesting to see how it compares with home.

I agree James as I live in a dark site... its the social..(Beer drinking :grin: ) For me..

Thanks for all the support guys... :smiley:

Unfortunatly I can't organise the weather, but will do my best (If the clouds roll in..) to participte In the ancient past-time (Before Facebook & Twitter) Of actually having a conversation over a few beers and putting the world to rights...

Greg

Hi Greg, not just me and the wife, but my daughter, son-in-law and family, 2 sprogs, also want to come, and we're looking to see if we can hire a caravan or fixed chalet on the site for six of us, not sure if this is possible or they have the facilities. I am partly disabled anyway and find it difficult to camp in a tent.

No problem Robin, I'm going up to the site over the next week or so to have look for myself and meet the owners and I can find out exactly what the facilities are like. I'll report back soon.

They phoned me today and were very receptive to our needs and are keen to get involved with the astronomy crowd.

Greg

Wouldnt be camping as i have to work on the Friday / Saturday , but could well pop up for a chinwag ;)

Most excellent... :smiley:

I shall save a bowl of something hot and meaty for you.. :grin:

Hi Greg, I wrote to the site, they do not have any fixed dwellings, so my wife and will camp, whilst our daughter and family will look for a local B&B, they have a small baby and so will not be able to camp. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Hi Greg, I wrote to the site, they do not have any fixed dwellings, so my wife and will camp, whilst our daughter and family will look for a local B&B, they have a small baby and so will not be able to camp. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Thats no problem... In a month or so I shall confirm numbers and book the pitches. I think we're up to about 10 so far..

Greg

Hi Greg. Like Robin I would be happier not in a tent (at 6'7" either my head or feet will be out one end or the other :smiley:)) but couldn't see any chalets mentioned on the web site, so any further information you can furnish us with when you are next in contact with them would be good

Archived