Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil Nebula - NGC 6992

Gina

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone, your comments are much appreciated :) Have to say I'm very pleased with this one - I feel the hard work is beginning to bear fruit :)

That's coming on a treat Gina. Well done. As I said in another thread somewhere, I've followed your tribulations and I must admit I would have called a halt to it all. You are made of sterner stuff.

Dave.

That's coming on a treat Gina. Well done. As I said in another thread somewhere, I've followed your tribulations and I must admit I would have called a halt to it all. You are made of sterner stuff.

Dave.

Thank you :) I'm pretty obstinate - 'tis true :D No I don't give up easily :)

Concur with the comments on the colour, what a great job! Im so jealous of the clear skies you must have had as I cannot remeber the last night I saw anything other than cloud :(:clouds1:

You are really coming on leaps and bounds with the imaging this is by far the best I think I have seen from you yet. A few dust particles hanging around making a nuisance of themselves that the calibration pics haven't dealt with, maybe a quick go with a blower will remove the worst of them? Very nice all in all though I'm sure you are rightly proud of this one :icon_salut:

Concur with the comments on the colour, what a great job! Im so jealous of the clear skies you must have had as I cannot remeber the last night I saw anything other than cloud :(:clouds1:

Thank you :) Yes, it sure made a nice change to be able to get out and do some imaging - really cheered me up - I was becoming quite depressed with all the cloud and rain. The bad weather is back again though :(
You are really coming on leaps and bounds with the imaging this is by far the best I think I have seen from you yet. A few dust particles hanging around making a nuisance of themselves that the calibration pics haven't dealt with, maybe a quick go with a blower will remove the worst of them? Very nice all in all though I'm sure you are rightly proud of this one :icon_salut:
Getting there I think - thanks :) Yes, the sensor had collected a heap of rubbish. I've now given the sensor a clean and got rid of most of it :) Still a few small dust bunnies showing on the new flats but it's much better. I couldn't see anything by eye on the sensor except a little bit of smearing but there could have been dust inside the camera despite giving it a good blowing out. Unfortunately the light path area isn't sealed from the rest of the camera insides - in fact there's a great big gap, plus dust can settle on the back of the shutter which can't be got at.

Archived