Hi, New From Carrickfergus, County Antrim

ob14u

I just bought a secondhand Sky-Watcher Explorer 200P with EQ5 last weekend and Its been cloudy every night since :cry:

I'm sure that happens a lot.

All the best, Owen

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Owen and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your scope and when the clouds finally clear away you won't be disappointed. If there was such a thing as a cloud filter I think they would have been sold out! :D :D

Clear skies soon,

James

Hi Owen & welcome.

You've got a great set up there. One slight weakness with the EQ5 is that the alt adjustment bolts are made from some sort of low grade clown steel and can be prone to bending inside the casing. If this does happen then getting them out is not much fun (I know this from experience). Different alternatives are available ranging from roofing bolts to costom made jobs and you may (or may not) want to consider these.

Before there's a deluge of posts there are plenty of people who've never had this problem - but also quite a few who have.

Looks like the skys are clearing over the North Coast so you might get 'er out tonight!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone,

Although its been overcast I've spent a wee bit of time reading setting up info and following links to videos which were very useful. So far I've balanced and collimated the scope. The mount is kind of complicated looking so I'll concentrate on understanding it a bit better next.

All the best

Owen

Archived