NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus Transit - Weather prediction

Photosbykev

What do you expect to see Wednesday 6th June?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to see Wednesday 6th June?

• Totally Fogged in
    • Toal Cloud cover
    • Raining Cats and Dogs
    • Venus in Transit

Just a gauge on what you expect to see early Wednesday morning.

I know we all want perfect seeing conditions for the sunrise and the Venus transit but deep down what do you really think the conditions will be like?

Toal ?? silent t in there somewhere

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

raining either side of the 5th & 6th, but beautiful sunny non-cloudy weather on those dates perfect, now only have to see if I can move the mountain that is in the way :(

I rekon if this weather what i'm having here in northeast uk middlesbrough is now cloudy dull looking now looks like it's going to rain

if keeps dull looking now hopefully will clear before jubilee extended weekend then may have chance of seeing transit.

then again all bbq's people having and when ever thats mentioned it rains

lets all do rain dance in gardens so if mention that never know what weather be like :(

I never get elated over a good forecast, or hacked off over a bad one.

So I'm just going to be at a good site with a NE horizon at sunrise on 6th June, and hope.The odds are probably against a glimpse of this rare event, but I won't forgive myself if I don't try, and my clubmates succeed.

Regards, Ed.

I'll be in bed. I just cant get interested in this. I suppose for me being in a wheelchair and not used to traveling outside of my comfort zone with regards to observing, the whole thing seems like too much hard work and difficulty.

Sorry.

I've been monitoring the 10 day forecast for a couple of weeks and it changes so rapidly/frequently I wont trust anything or get depresssed until the day before. No point ruining my long weekend allowing the disappointment that's coming to consume me!

But I fully expect total cloud cover and a side order of horizontal rain. So anything less can only cheer me up :(

Archived