NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wide Crescent Nebula with O3 shell

Grinde

Hi!

After many restarts of the processing, I finally ended up with this version, it was very hard holding back on the O3 data, but I hope I didn't push it too far?

The data is a mix of three nights, a few days after the official ending of astronomical darkness here in northern Sweden (Narrowband for the win!)

RGB data was only a single 5minute exposure for each filter for the stars, the rest of the data is from the two narrowband-filters in use. Note that the weak soap bubble nebula is clearly visible in the lower left corner, much thanks to the O3 data added.

Total time: 6h35m

Ha: 10*20min

O3: 9*20min

RGB: 1*5min / filter

Takahashi FSQ106EDX

QSI 583wsg

10Micron GM2000 HPS, all subs unguided

The details is best viewed in full resolution, so please click image for 100% version

7189948284_32a3fdf7d0_b.jpg

NGC 6888 full resolution crop

7190099962_d09233903e_o.jpg

Thanks all for watching!

just two more images to process, then I'm out of data until next season :)

Jonas

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse the fat fingers, I was saying super pic, the O3 really added to the "skin" of the Crescent. Good star colour to for 5mins. And yes I can see the Soap bubble in the corner.Well done.

Tom

Thats a truly incredible image! I would submit it to APOD and the mags! a big well done:)

No chance of an APOD....it's tastefully processed and not covered in diffraction spikes :)

Archived