hello all

drhemlock2

my name is james underwood i use the "Doc" moniker as i use this one other forums i belong to. i am 51 years old and live with my dogs both dachsunds "Copper" and "Kobie" one is about 14 years old the other is 4 years old. i am a USAF disabled veteran who loves anything dealing with science, my hobbies include but are not limited to Paleontology, Archeology, model building, astronomy, ATM i have built a few scope and plan on some more soon. i enjoy all asoects of designing and building things especially out of wood. i was a machinist for about 5 years in my former life but have little to no machine tools yet... i live in a rural town called Rushville, Indiana, it is a nice place very quite most of the time which is nice. as i am disabled i have to buy things a piece at a time for my projects almost have everything for a dall kirkham cassegrain 10 incher in line but before that i have a 12.5 and a six inch truss dob to build. i have built several refractors for people and the neighborhood kids i like sharing the wealth so to speak. i sometimes collect metorites but most of that callecting in on hold i have several types etc. like i said i enjoy discussion on almost anything especially astronomic in nature i am not a professional mostly a professional amateur. so that is just about it.

thanks

doc

:clouds2:

Hi Doc and welcome to the forum. Your telescope making skills and experience will be most welcome on the the DIY section and it would be great to see any pics that you might have on any recent projects - can be very inspiring for those starting out.

Your paleontological skills might come in handy on here as there certainly some old fossils hanging around on here - would be rude to name them of course, but you will meet then in due course! :clouds2::D

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum.

James

Hi Doc. What a great intro. If you're not too busy, maybe you may have some time to point some stuff up at the stars and do some star gazing :)

Anyway, welcome aboard from Staffordshire, UK.

This is a good place to hang out :headbang:

Scott.

Archived