Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL8 Dates are now set.

Ant

Jaffa cakes are the preferred currency at star parties and generally used for introductions, barter and bribing mods.

Now.. Welsh cakes they are for the sophisticated mature gazer, well versed in conversation and unable to put anything past the mods. ;)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am confused. At the top of the SGL forum screen it says Bookings go live today at 3pm. FLO's web site says no product found.

Having a quick look at the SGL events and it seems booking was closed on !st October. What has happened?

Nigel

I am confused. At the top of the SGL forum screen it says Bookings go live today at 3pm. FLO's web site says no product found.

Having a quick look at the SGL events and it seems booking was closed on !st October. What has happened?

Nigel

That notice was posted on Sunday and really should of had a date on it. I'll get one of the god mods to change it.

The waiting / reserves list is currently be handled by this thread

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty sure that SGL is fully booked , and has been for a couple of months.

There is a reserve list that you can be put on but again that is sizeable at the moment

If you contact Daz I'm sure he will be able to confirm

HTH

• 5 weeks later...

Due to the pitches being fully booked have had to book the main site instead, pitch 67. I have never been before, does anyone know if the main site is still fairly dark or will I have street lights and bollard lights shining into my scope?

Are there any others booked in on the main site?

Can I still join you for the hog roast?

IIRC the lighting across the whole site is kept to a minimum for the weekend. You may come across some intrusive lighting if you are close to the main reception / cafe block. If you are bothered by any lighting then there is absolutely nothing to stop you setting your kit up in a darker part of the site. I'm sure we can find room for you near us in the "Hare" section :-)

Sorry George, but the lighting across the WHOLE site is not affected. The site will be covering the lights on the toilet block nearest the rally field, and we'll be covering the road bollards nearest the rally field, but that's it.

However, you would be welcome to put your scope in the rally field.

Just wondering, also, why you didn't contact me but go to the camp site instead??

Sorry George, but the lighting across the WHOLE site is not affected. The site will be covering the lights on the toilet block nearest the rally field, and we'll be covering the road bollards nearest the rally field, but that's it.

However, you would be welcome to put your scope in the rally field.

Just wondering, also, why you didn't contact me but go to the camp site instead??

Daz,

I sent you an email yesterday to see if there was any spare space for a caravan. I wasn't holding my breath as looking at the previous posts the site is said to be fully boked and there is a long waiting list, plus the campsite also said it was fully booked on the rally field too.

If there is any space left for a caravan ideally with electric that would be fantastic. Please let me know if there is any availability or let me know how I can join the waiting list.

Otherwise you may see me bribing people with jaffa cakes on the day :)

Thanks

Ian D

Archived