Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Ant

SGL8 Dates are now set.

So long as the predictions for the 21 st December are wrong :clouds2:, I shall be there !

Edited by reddoss

Venue = Yes

BST = No

Hog Roast = yes :clouds2:

Ant

(Rubs hands in anticipation)

Will be there for defo!

fingers crossed - I'm a possibility.

It straddles St. Patricks so that'll be interesting.

In the diary. We got as far as the 2nd farm on the cider trail. Had to spend the day sampling,nice.

Nick.

Sorry if I'm being dim - I'm sure there must be details of the event somewhere but I can't find them... Where's it held?

TIA

Kev

Thanks!

Hmmm, not a million miles from me... :)

No indeed - I go there from Portishead and it's an easy drive with my van in tow. Very nice site too :headbang:

I just gotta come to this one, think Ill give the boss (the one I live with that is) an ultimatum - either I'm going to SGL8 or I'm going to Olly's either way I want an astronomy holiday next year :) (you'll next see me when am discharged from hospital I suspect...lol)

It's a great event. We met loads of folk and learnt so much,nice.

Nick.

I just gotta come to this one, think Ill give the boss (the one I live with that is) an ultimatum - either I'm going to SGL8 or I'm going to Olly's either way I want an astronomy holiday next year :) (you'll next see me when am discharged from hospital I suspect...lol)

I'm sure SGL8 will be great, but I can highly reccommend visiting Olly's place, I only popped in for a day visit while in the area last year, really impressed with his setup and will certainly be booking a week there for 2013

HTH

Mark

I don't think you can compare a trip to an Astro Gite' and a starparty they are with the exception of doing some observing or imaging completely different experiences...

So make time to do both :)

Peter...

Hi Danielle,

If you want to go to a star party in the Autumn, then Galloway SP 4 in November 2012 is the place to be.

Great camp site.... Great company.... flat site with great views of the skies around and most important the skies are really really dark. See the notice of the party in Astro Events thread in SGL.

I live near Watford in the south east of England and do the round 800 mile trip. The party is that good!!!!!

Cheers

Adrian

It's in my diary! It looks like a shorter week this year. I normally book just the Friday and Saturday nights, but I was hoping to book Thurs as well next year, so I'll probably stay over Sunday night instead. I didn't get everything done I wanted to this year!

Alexxx

One question, when the time comes for booking, whereabouts in this site do you book? I would like to come next year and it doesn't clash with Kelling Heath which I also attend.

Thanks

Anne

So make time to do both ;)
Enough to convince me just need to work on my better half.... :) Edited by Anweniel

Sorry but can someone tell me where this event is and if all are welcome never been to any outdoor events to new at this

Geoff

Thanks It sounds Great I will see what I can do as it is quiet away from us.

Geoff