Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL8 Dates are now set.

Ant

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its hosted in hereford ant, its a star party organised by admin and the mods for a few days on a campsite in a fairly dark area, its not AS dark as blaenavon but its a good compremise with electric hookups and aminities

previous years its pay if your staying there, and free if your not, with various talks from members specilising in astrophotography (from the AP king steppenwolf) to everything else

there is one thing to watch out for tho :(:p dont look through any eyepeices which have green writing on them (ethos) ask our mat the reason why:evil:

effectivly yes :( last year there was a welsh contingent (mat, peter and a few others, and i hope to be there too)

same place as SGL 7 and 6

Lucksall Campsite, Mordiford, Hereford, HR1 4LP Lucksall Caravan Park

So I could come for a night and go home, providing I don't sleep at the sight it's free.

So where in Hereford is SGL8?

That's not really fair to the site is it?

Day visitors are free, but if you are there overnight then you'll need to pay - but it's hardly expensive.

as ant said it isnt that expensive, you could just book it for one night again grabbing off the sgl7 thread it cost The rates will be £13.50 per pitch per night, with an extra £2.50 if you want electricity. so i would imagine it would be maybe 1 or 3 quid more?

as it might not just be the viewing you get but the experience form the people viewing there

I didn't realise you had been elected to the organising committee Gareth.

Mike

im going to assume that that wasnt a dig at me, i was just helping a fellow member with a question as no one had answered. if any one has a problem with me helping another member in any thread just let me know and i wont bother again

any infomation i posted with prices and where it was, i copied from the SGL7 thread as i mentioned in them posts, where i would assume it would be similar prices, again i mentioned in them posts

Hi Chris,

A chance to meet other stargazers in a friendly atmosphere. Have the opportunity to view a variety of astro equipment, plus how it is being used.

It is a great place to get an honest assessment of the gear you may be thinking of splashing your hard earned cash on.

Also, you will see a great array of camping gear and learn the benefits of keeping warm!!

There are usually astro talks arranged for the Saturday, plus at SGL 6 we had a BBQ and SQL 7 there was a Hog Roast. Both were great events at a high quality campsite, that now has a cafe on site, a shop with competitive prices and very clean facilities in a nice setting.

I hope to attend SGL8.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Chris,

A chance to meet other stargazers in a friendly atmosphere. Have the opportunity to view a variety of astro equipment, plus how it is being used.

It is a great place to get an honest assessment of the gear you may be thinking of splashing your hard earned cash on.

Also, you will see a great array of camping gear and learn the benefits of keeping warm!!

There are usually astro talks arranged for the Saturday, plus at SGL 6 we had a BBQ and SQL 7 there was a Hog Roast. Both were great events at a high quality campsite, that now has a cafe on site, a shop with competitive prices and very clean facilities in a nice setting.

I hope to attend SGL8.

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks, this sounds great, hopefully I will be able to pop over for one night.

I went to my first one this year & thoroughly enjoyed it. I picked up some useful tips being new & made some friends there too. I can't wait for the next event....

That's not really fair to the site is it?

Day visitors are free, but if you are there overnight then you'll need to pay - but it's hardly expensive.

Is there much point in being a DAY visitor to a star party. :grin:

Yeah you could listen to the talks, come meet people, solar viewing. There is also a table sale during Saturday.

If you have problems with your own scope then the day time would be the best time to visit, it could be setup and whatever problems potentially sorted during the day,

Ant

Yeah you could listen to the talks, come meet people, solar viewing. There is also a table sale during Saturday.

If you have problems with your own scope then the day time would be the best time to visit, it could be setup and whatever problems potentially sorted during the day,

Ant

NOW.... haven't I just shown my newbieness and ignorance with regard to this hobby. :embarrassed: What very good and obvious points you raised Ant, and to my shame, with my attempt at witt, I hadn't thought of any of them. :cheesy:

Archived