Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Italy

JohnHardening

Hi, i'm John from Italy.

I'm new to astronomy, i'm lurking about some months over internet and i'm understand about the english speaking forum are much better than italians, more people experimenting and testing, not only speaking about "this is better/not suitable, but i have not tried"

I'm like this forum and all info i can find on here.

Thanks to all, John. :)

P.S. I'm sorry for my atrocious english!!! :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benvenuto John,

I found the same when comparing the Spanish/Latin forums to this one, they're fine but...

SGL is a fantastic site :), full of the best knowledge you're likely to find, beautiful images and extremely sound and friendly folk.

Sure, it may take us a few more minutes to write our posts, a few more to go over the obvious errors we're committing so as not to offend the great English language, but the entire effort is worth it.

The other great thing about being at SGL is that when the Brits start complaining about the clouds and the rain, we can wind them up a little by sending in our fotos of us lazy on golden beaches by day and enjoying an evening of clear skies with a mojito in hand :)

Hi, i'm John from Italy.

I'm new to astronomy, i'm lurking about some months over internet and i'm understand about the english speaking forum are much better than italians, more people experimenting and testing, not only speaking about "this is better/not suitable, but i have not tried"

I'm like this forum and all info i can find on here.

Thanks to all, John. :)

P.S. I'm sorry for my atrocious english!!! :)

Welcome to the forum and hope you find all the info you need. And I second the comment "your English is better than my Italian". We speak the universal language here,so make yourself at home!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. :p

The other great thing about being at SGL is that when the Brits start complaining about the clouds and the rain, we can wind them up a little by sending in our fotos of us lazy on golden beaches by day and enjoying an evening of clear skies with a mojito in hand :)
Yep:glasses1:

I'm live on alps, I'm can not see sea, not even with telescope.;)

But a mojito down a quite good sky is always welcome!!:)

Ciao! Dove abiti in Italia?

Cris

-EN mod off

Ciao, vivo in Valtellina, e tu?

-EN mode on :(

Clear skies to all!!

Hi John and welcome to the forum. It's not your english that is a worry, its likely to be my spelling!:)

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay,

James

P.s Qualia: Any chance of sending over another 'clear' sky parcel, we have run out of sunshine!:):D

Thanks a lot to all for your welcome!!

Ciao John!

Come sta?

Io capisco un po l'Italiano, ma non molto bene! :)

You must have some really good clear seeing up there on the Alps!

Welcome to SGL.

Bryan

Ciao, i live in the biggest valley of the Alps, we have some light pollution, mostly from back of the mountain on my south, from Padana valley (Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, etc.), the worst light polluted area in Europe. :)

According with this map

http://www.inquinamentoluminoso.it/cinzano/en/mapsitaly.html#briart

my sky have a naked eye limiting magnitude of 5.5

But i'm new in Astronomy, everithing is a discovery and i'm lucky to not live in a big city.

Ciao

Archived