Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi first post

Shane10x

Hi every one have been a member for while but had problems getting on but have it sorted now.

I have 6 inch reflector that's quite heavy but gives great views the only thing is its not a goto so I have my eyes open for 4" celestron se but not sure yet I have tried one and was really impressed with the view. Any one got any ideas.

Shane

Hi Shane, welcome back to the lounge, if you are having problems pinpointing objects have you tried the free planetarium download Stellarium its a great tool in helping you find your way around the skies.

Clear skies.

Hi Shane, and welcome to SGL.

I have a Celestron 4SE, and have owned it for about 5 years now. I've never had a moment's disappointment from it (except for Mars - never more than an orange blob) with great views of Venus, Jupiter and Saturn, star clusters, nebulae and the easier galaxies, and of course the moon.

Admittedly I've never looked through a bigger scope, and would love to trade up to something a little larger, but would stick with a Celestron GOTO. The accuracy of the GOTO on this scope is impressive, with the desired object always in the field of view of the 25mm eyepiece after a pretty quick and simple 3-star alignment.

Archived