Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

26mm T5 Nagler On Ebay!

Damo636

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

I agree with Moonshane and Damo636, I think it will go for between £300 & £330, easily. I will watch it and decide later if I am going to bid on it. I have a maximum bid in mind but I do think that it will be exceeded. I'm not prepared to pay over inflated second hand prices. Common sense should prevail here, but I very much doubt it. I recently watched a 350mm Tamron AD2 mirror lens,

which could be bought at a second hand camera shop for £149, six month earlier, go for £600+ on Ebay. That is Carl Zeiss Mirotar territory, I know which one I would have chosen if I had £600+ to spend on a mirror lens. I have also seen second hand items sold exceeding the price for the same item bought new????? Crazy, just plain crazy. I always research before bidding on an item and have that max bid price in my head and I never exceed it.

I will watch this auction with interest, but I don't think that I will be in the hunt at the end, unless it stays at a reasonable price, which I doubt.

Good luck to the members of SGL planning to bid on this ep.

Paul

Hi again,

Just a foot note to my last thread. Why put a ep like this on Ebay when i am pretty sure it would be best to advertise it in ABS. I'm sure that taking into account Paypal fee's, surely the seller would end up with more cash in pocket selling this way?? With Ebay the seller would have to pay their fee's as well. If the ep sold for £300 ish, Ebay would charge the seller around £30, then there's Paypal fee's too on top of that.

I have nothing against Ebay, I have used it many times and got some good bargains. In my opinion I would first try to sell something like that premium ep in the classifieds and send emails to astro societies around your area to spread the word. I am pretty sure that the ep in question would sell easily, privately for around £300-£340 I would rather have that £30 ish in my pocket rather using it to pay auction fee's.

Just my opinion.

Paul

Archived