Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi One & All

Itabot

Hi One & All….First post….really new to the hobby and like many inspired by recent BBC Stargazing to get involved in this facinating hobby.

Using a birding scope 28 x, 10 x 50 bins, planisphere and a few books to get my bearings, feel I’m missing out but really nervous of taking the plunge and ordering scope, thinking of getting a Sky Watcher Explorer 200P EQ5, from my limited understanding and research thought it would be a good one to go for???, not wanting to be upgrading after a short while. There's far too many to choose from :icon_salut:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Itabot. Thats the very scope I've just ordered and am looking forward to receiving. I went for the HEQ5 mount, which is a bit of an upgrade from the EQ5 because I'm planning from the beginning to be involved in the photography side of things but I'm led to believe that this scope is a Very Good Choice. Welcome to SGL. Dave

Archived