Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

SteveT

Hi, new member here. I have just arranged to purchase a CGEM 925 (XLT) :) to dip my toes into astronomy. I have almost no previous experience but am learning quick - I thought I would get a decent setup from the start so I dont get early upgraditis. You never know, once I learn my way around I might try some AP down the line.

My only frustration now is that I may have to wait until late April for stock to arrive :icon_salut:.

Spoke to Martin at FLO today, nice genuine bloke to deal with !

Look forward to learning some great tips.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all of your welcomes. Watch out for all of the stupid questions in the coming weeks !

Whats the current prefered weapon of choice for DS AP then ? assuming I can use the C925 as a guide ?

May as well start researching that while I wait.

I am near the New Forest, hampshire by the way.

Hi again Steve, if you are intending to slip over to the dark side eventually, a copy of Every Photon counts will help guide you down this path, also any questions on this subject you may have a better response in the imaging sections, a brief answer to your inquiry though, a lot of AP for DSO has been done with an 80mm apo refractor side mounted or piggybacked to the main scope on mostly an EQ6 with guiding :icon_salut:

John.

Archived