NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Out tonight

robbie c

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like it's been cloudy for months here, theres no danger of heading out in the forseeable future either.

That's fine by me though at the moment, I'm sick, the kids are sick, the in-laws are coming tomorrow and the place is a shambles. I'd happily see all this cloud while I'm under the weather(:D) and let it clear up next week.

all set up ready, just hope i can get my polar alignment spot on first time. a bit cloudy with the odd bit of the wet stuff (i dare mention the word). just waiting for a clear spell to find polaris and hopefully off we go.

Managed about 15 mins in the 20mph gusts before tea with the ED80 on Jupiter (testing new Baader adapter rings with Vid Cam). I was going to continue after I'd had something to eat, but it started raining as I walked in the back door so I had to pack up quick... not stopped raining since :D

I've just come in, have been out for an hour trying out my new LP filter and the TAL barlow I got just before Christmas. It was pretty breezy, but still managed to get some steadyish moments at 200x magnification on Jupiter.

I've left the scope on the mount ready to take back out later on for a look at Orion weather still permitting.

Clear skys and windbreaks everyone :D

Tyr

edit grammar grammar grammar oh dear

Was supposed to be clear here tonight. But it has rained :D

Earlier on, there was clear skies forecast for Sunday, but now has changed to rain. So doesn't look like I will be out for the next 5 nights.

I can see why I kept on reading you need patience in hobby. Being a noob and just starting to get used to things. I just want to get outside.

Archived