NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from France :-) (Thiviers)

Jeff Warrington

Well here we are..............

I was recommended to visit your site and I am amazed at all the useful info here, the deeper you dig the more you learn.

We moved to live in the North of the Dordogne region, (a small village near to Thiviers) just on a year ago, and I am returning to astronomy after about 20 years when I had an 8" Dob and very little time......... :police:

Now I hope to be purchasing a new scope and weather permitting enjoying the night sky here, where we have little or no Light pollution, I have found a local club and am trying to make contact with an English speaking member............

I am expecting to get a couple of eye problems sorted out in the next few weeks and after that I hope to be adding another interest to my Model Engineering and photography........How did I fit work in ?.... 8)

Should any one living close by to St Saud Lacoussiere wish to make contact I would love to hear from them.........

I am posting an enquiry on the equipment site re a 'Antares' 8" Newt so I hope I may get some replies to that.

This is a superb site, and I am pleased to become a member of your 'club'

Thanks

Jeff

Welcome Jeff to the French branch of Stargazers Lounge, maybe one day we might declare UDI, but until then, (ooooop's !! the wine is speaking!!).

I am not to far from you, in the Southern Deux Severes near Melle, about 140 km from you. Maybe one day we will organise a star party here :sunny:

A 200mm scope would be a great choice, I use one myself now, and the seeing is spectacular when the clouds roll back.

Naz :police:

I wish you a warm welcome too Jeff. It sound a very nice place where you live. In fact it would not surprise me if plans are not being hatched to hold a star party there. What, with good skies Good air, nice friendly people, and of course the wine. The wine is probably the trigger for the plot being hatched.

Only joking. (I think). :police:

Enjoy SGL It is fun here.

Ron. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived