NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi, from York

YorkieGraham

Hello everyone. I have just got back into Astronomy after a long absence and I decided to join you all in Stargazers Lounge . Got myself some kit and have made a start with some webcam shots of Jupiter. I haven't managed to capture much detail yet but I have recently sold a telescope to buy some extra kit to improve my imaging - (I think I have managed to attach my best photo of Jupiter so far). My set-up now is a 150mm Celestron Apochromatic Refractor on a CG5 mount with dual motors. I have tonight finished upgrading the handset with a Shoestring ST4 conversion kit so that I can autoguide through a 80m Skytravel which I mounted on the 150mm last week. Should have been outside tonight really but wanted to get the tricky soldering done in the handset. Next job is to try and get the Autoguiding going on the next clear night. Should be interesting.

jupiter 25_11_2011 20_07_10B.bmp

Archived