Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from southwestern Utah

Mike37N113W

I was an amateur astronomer as a teenager and now some 40+ years later I have returned. I am interested in all things astronomical, with a particular interest in variable stars.

My "Red Mountain Observatory" is a Meade LX200 ACF 10" telescope on wheels rolled out from my garage to marvel at the stars under clear southwestern skies at 37.17N and 113.66W in southwest Utah, elevation 3,088 feet.

I don't know if we are all alone in the universe, but so far I'm all alone where I am - so I'm hoping stargazerslounge will be a place for me to find others I can share questions, problems, and ideas.

I have just started a blog to share my ramblings at Red Mountain Observatory

Mike

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for saying hi. It looks like this is even more of an instant community than I had hoped for. Also - Carole - I like your website - lots of interesting info there - especially since I want to start taking photos. Don't be saddened by my bragging about clear southwestern skies - they clouded up yesterday and it looks like they'll stay that way for a week.

Archived