Shoreham Skies...

Nelva

Hi to all- I am a super keen newbie from Shoreham-by-sea and can't wait to start finding out where the best local dark sky sites are- also, has anyone got further information on the Chanctonbury observatory? I think my passion will inevitably lie with Astrophotography, and it seems I have quite a resource very locally that I may be able to tap into?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Im just down the road from you. There are some great resources around us one thats very close is Foredown Astronomers For local people into astronomy. Foredown Tower Astronomers. also the worthing astronomical society Worthing Astronomical Society Homepage and Worthing Astronomers (see my sig for link). Im sure there are plenty more but there the ones that spring instantly to mind. Also if your on facebook myself and a fellow worthing astronomers member have a group called Worthing skywatchers just do a search within facebook and feel free to send us a join request. Have you seen chanctonbury observatory's website? The Sky at Night in Digital Images

Hi Nelva, welcome aboard. I spend my days working in Shoreham, at the airport. We seem to have a good selection of astronomical groups in this area. As for dark sky, have you tried the beach? I keep meaning to wander over after work one evening to check it out, but can't seem to get round to it. Maybe tomorrow. ;)

Hi Nelva and welcome to SGL from another Sussex stargazer not to far from you as Steve said why not come along to our Christmas social on Monday you are more then welcome they are a great bunch you can PM me if you want and I'll tell you a bit more about us ;)

Robbie.

Archived