Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from yorkshire

MBJ

hi my names mick and i have always had an interest in astronomy,i always wanted to get a telescope but there are so many its confusing,i want to eventually try taking photo,s with one and already have a good dslr camera,after looking round i have finally plucked up the courage and ordered a telescope and mount.i was pointed towards this one as a good all rounder for viewing and maybe imaging later on,

Explorer 200P (EQ5) With Free DVD | Telescopes | Rother Valley Optics

i hope i can learn a few things along the way off this forum.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Mick and welcome to SGL,

In answer to your question re the Explorer and EQ5, for simple point and snap the standard (undriven) EQ5 will suffice and it is a great setup for all round viewing. However for imaging or more complex DSLR work you will need at least the HEQ5 as the EQ5 is not sturdy enough and by the time you've added drives to the mount you may as well have plumped for the HWQ5 up front.

Speak to Ian or his team at RVO and i'm sure they'll be able to help further. There are many highly talented imagers etc on SGL and they will be able to advise you.

Hi and welcome to the forums you have got a great scope there and if your heading for astrophotography take a look at my blog that details my progress from last year with the same set up should be helpful to you

Clears skies QM

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Welcome! I'm new to this too. How's the telescope? I've been looking around the net and on here for advice as what to buy. I still don't know what I want. I'm planning a trip to Rother Valley Optics too, just to get a feel of size and what's available.

Archived