NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hello from yorkshire

MBJ

Welcome! I'm new to this too. How's the telescope? I've been looking around the net and on here for advice as what to buy. I still don't know what I want. I'm planning a trip to Rother Valley Optics too, just to get a feel of size and what's available.

hi mate the telescope is all set up mounted and ive been to rvo and bought a synscan goto for the mount,tried polar aligning from a tutorial and i think i got it spot on first time as i did a 2 star alignment last night using an illuminated reticule also from rvo and the object star stayed bang in the centre for about 3 or four minutes before it ever so slightly started to move out of centre, the views through the scope are amazing firstly a really bright wide view through a 32mm ep and then i went to jupiter through a 9mm ep and was blown away at the banding and colours,well pleased.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived