Hello from Somerset

Timby

Good evening all, just joined this excellent looking forum.

Moved house around 4 months ago to the Somerset levels area, 100% improvement on viewing potential as no street lights for miles!

Telescope unpacked and learning how to get the best out of it now.:icon_confused:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi John and thanks for the welcome, we love it here, it's so dark at night compared to where we used to live.

We are now on the outskirts of Othery, as you are an admin, can you direct me to any reviews or comments on the Celestron Nexstar 130SLT, what quality of image should I be getting from this? I have had a quick scout about but will keep looking.

I'd suggest using the forum search facility (top of the page, under the First Light Optics logo). You will probably find many references to the scope. Check out some of the drawings and sketches in the relevant section of the forum to get an idea of what can be seen - images are rather misleading as our eyes just can't compete with CCD's and image processing.

I found this review of the scope on the web which might be of interest:

Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Telescope Review

Good evening all, just joined this excellent looking forum.

Moved house around 4 months ago to the Somerset levels area, 100% improvement on viewing potential as no street lights for miles!

Telescope unpacked and learning how to get the best out of it now.:icon_confused:

jealous are we!:rolleyes:

welcome to SGL Timby!

cheers

bob ;)

Archived