Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Kansas

Nitrogen

Hi, my name is Casey. I've just been recently getting into backyard astronomy, but I've had a long-term general interest in astronomy. Carl Sagan's books pushed me beyond casually interested to active hobbyist.

I have a 90mm mak-cass Orion telescope and 8x56 binoculars, but I've been spending most of my time recently just learning my way around the night sky naked-eye. Although I live in Kansas, Wichita still has a significant amount of skyglow. It's about a 45 minute drive to get to a dark spot.

I've already found a couple very useful posts here and look forward to contributing where I can.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Casey and welcome to the SGL. Nice to see someone "easing" into the hobby instead of diving in. Knowledge of the constellations is valuable for future observing and makes the hobby more enjoyable while discovering the many splendors of the night sky.

Wishing you many years of enjoyment in the hobby with many clear, dark skies.

Archived