Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Rossendale

hinch

Well, I just got my first telescope after a few months of hesitancy. Am all eager to go though my only views from home are to the north. (Wish I could turn my house round!)

Looking to join Heaton Park AC and get advice on setting up and eyepieces plus a camera mount. There seems such a lot to learn but heck... a man's got to have a few hobbies though this one seems to have a lot of cold and dark attached to it!

Am also a radio ham (M3ILV), write a little, love steam locos.

Would welcome any advice re purchasing accessories. The eyepieces on my Celestron Astromaster 130 EQ MD seem to seem to be a week spot but want solid advice before I spend any more money.

Would love to meet up with any local gazers in Rossendale, Blackburn, Burnley, Bury, Rochdale etc.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome!

If you're in Rossendale you could do a lot worse than paying the Astronomy Centre at Todmorden a visit: The Astronomy Centre. I only went once, many moons ago (moved house since), but the folks there are very helpful, interesting and knowledgable.

Never been to Heaton Park but I've been to Manchester Astronomical Society a few times and they're very decent people too.

Hi Hinch and welcome. I only started recently and got the Revelation Eyepiece kit from First Light Optics. I have been very pleased with them although, of course, I have little to compare them with other than the basic Skywatchers that came with the scope.

-.. . / -- ...-- -..- .-.. .. .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . / - --- ... --. .-.. / ..-. .-. --- -- / -- .de m3xli welcome to sgl from me

i and welcome i teach morse at my local club my call m3xli theirs a 40m net Tuesday nights a astronomy one ,do you have hf? or 2m or 70s ifyou have 2m and fancy a chat gis a shout ben a ham since 2003 i chose m3xli (x light infantry) i learnt morse in the forces and i loved it i eneded up learning ot on the courses

cheers pat

Archived