Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi there from Scotland

TK IAIN

Howdy from deepest, darkest (and very wet) Scotland.:)

Been meaning to join this site for ages but just never got around to it but here I am at last.

My name is Iain Hamilton and I am a 45yr old Admin Assistant with Glasgow City Council. I love in Bonhill which is about a mile form Loch Lomond ( by yon bonnie banks and all that tourist malarky!).

I have been into astronomy since I was a wee boy and watch/read anything to do with looking at the skies above us.

I started off with a small 4" Helios scope (thanks mum!) and progressed to their larger 8" (thanks again mum) until finally I got the scope of my dreams which is the Meade 8 LX90 ACF which I have had for the past 18mths. Still trying to suss the scope out so expect a few questions on it!.Due to work and family commitments I have'nt had much time to use my scope but that has changed now and I'm itching to get my toy out and get into some serious stargazing.

I am a member of a local astronomy (Helensburgh Astronomical Society) group and since joining my interest in astronmoy has greatly increased.

So!Looking forward to chatting with you all on these forums.

Iain

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last post was my 500th, I'm now a proto star!! Nice. :(

Hi Iain, I'm in Scottyville also, just outside Perth. Welcome to the forum. Hope we can meet up some time !!!

David

If you get a chance to meet David I'd recommend it.... he has some of the nicest (whisky) flavoured water in Scotland!! :):icon_salut:

Archived