Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and moons 20th Oct

MisterT

Had to go out early last night to catch the GRS but had some mist ,which meant i had to shoot at near max gain which has caused a lot of noise.

Not great seeing but at least i caught Ganymede going behind and Io closing in for a transit.

Meade 8" sct and Dbk21.

Martin

post-22618-133877681758_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your comments on my image. This is the first time i have imaged Ganymede so i am well pleased to get a hint of detail on the moon.

As for focusing it is still a bit hit and miss for me. I have just purchased a crayford focuser for my sct which stops all the image shift i was getting before but the image still jiggles around when focusing no matter how light a touch you have.

What i tend to do is focus until i think it is as sharp as i can get under the conditions and then record an avi. Then i record a few more either side of this point and hope for the best.

Martin

Archived