Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Salisbury star party chat

carastro

Nice image Mike. I did some imaging with my pst, but the barlow I put in was full of dust, bits of dog hair, whatever, so even the flats I took are up against it. Might process it anyway. Moral of story - don't put an eyepiece in your pocket uncovered.

Allan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

This was our first star party and we had a fantastic time. Caught a few hours viewing on Saturday morning which was great, we certainly don't get skies like that in Liverpool. We enjoyed the talks on Saturday and the planetarium but most of all we enjoyed the company. We've definitely come away with lots of new friends and look forward to seeing you all again at future star parties. Thanks to Darren for organizing and for the mighty fine hogroast!

Ruth and James

Nice pictures NickK & Sandrine, the last one is my rig, I will definitely have to do something about all the cables…..

Mick

I was glad for someone to have glass of wine with as Sandrine is the only french woman in the world that doesn't drink lol. And we'll not mention the colour of your fan heater..

Homebase do a great cable tidy - the downside of a cable tidy is that it acts as a large heavy cable which can unbalance the scope on the mount.

Hi Robin and Hilary, it was lovely to meet you too!

Unfortunately we suffered a flat tyre after we'd strategically packed the boot with tent and telescope, we only got as far as the shed before we had to unpack it all again! Poor James was a bit worse for wear after the night before so he wasn't particularly impressed with the car :) Hope your journey was better!

We'll see you soon

Ruth and James

Hey Darren, a belated thanks for another great SSP! A short report will feature in a future issue of AN in the Grassroots Astronomy society pages. Will post when it appears if people are looking out for it!

Emily

Robin,

I'm sure we met you. We got a bit confused about who was who on our photos and had a big discussion last night comparing photos with avatars and even looking at the kit in the photos vs. people's sigs. Sorry for the social gaffe

We finally came to the conclusion that you may be the guy who is talking with Carl and Steph (aka Mr X). Is that you?

We worked out that the bearded guy two photos below the one with Carl and Steph is probably 'Hedgerow' (Peter?), but Dana didn't know how to correct the filename before uploading the photo.

I'll stop there as I have an uneasy feeling I'm digging myself into a social hole.

Marion

Great photos Dana and Marion - I'm loving the double rainbow, I didn't see it in the flesh as it were!

I think your mystery man with Bob, Claire and Neil is Astrognome, although I don't know his real name - but who needs a real name with a forum name as cool as that??

I'm afraid I don't know the name of the guy chatting to us either. I just know he's from Cornwall and he makes equatorial mounts for dobs.

Rather belatedly, Dana and Marion, I can confirm the photograph of me (Peter/Hedgerow) has been identified correctly. You have posted a great set of photographs that bring back memories. Thank you. Glad you both made it home without further mishap. I look forward to meeting you both again in the future, perhaps under clearer skies.

Cheers

Peter

Archived