Narrowband

Astro Panel 2.0 released! (Android App)

Shibby

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem a shame that the Chineese are the only open source for this weather forecast data, via the 7timer api. Would be nice if US or EU agencies could provide similar feeds and AP was able to choose the best source according to locatio.

However, Shibby has produced a fantastic app for the astro community and deserves much credit.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not complaining about the app it's the website which is down all the time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No offence , it wasn't aimed at you , just generalising . Most peeps blame the app without realising its the 7timer feed

Hi all,

Yeah sorry but the 7Timer service is down again, this time for a while. I've been in communication with the people who run the service and it seems that their server's RAID array has crashed and has had to be sent away for repairs :-(

Hopefully it won't be too much longer now... Next time I release an update, I will change that darn message. I receive so many emails when 7Timer goes down!

Hi all,

Yeah sorry but the 7Timer service is down again, this time for a while. I've been in communication with the people who run the service and it seems that their server's RAID array has crashed and has had to be sent away for repairs :-(

Hopefully it won't be too much longer now... Next time I release an update, I will change that darn message. I receive so many emails when 7Timer goes down!

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I've been assured that it *will* be back, but as to when is still unclear. All I can tell you is that the server was sent to IBM for diagnostics & repairs on the 17th... I wish everybody used cloud servers :(

A lot of people are missing 7Timer, I even got an email from Samsung about the app not functioning as expected.

Archived