Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Norfolk, England

Mr TamiyaCowboy

Hello,

my name is Paul, but most call me Tami. i am just touching 40 yr old, and am a amateur Photographer.

around a year ago i purchased my first digital camera, and captured my first ever lunar photograph. Ever since i have been hooked. i traded my camera in for a second hand DSLR.

Fast forward to about a month ago, i purchased my first ever telescope.

after a couple nights viewing, i wanted more that the telescope could give me. i have already converted a couple of cameras to Infrared. About three Days ago i converted a Microsoft HD-5000 webcam into one i could use with telescopes and have not looked back.

the tools of my trade are :

Canon 350D with Ef-s 18-55mm and a canon EF 90-300mm.

modded HD 720p webcam

Sky Watcher heritage 76mm / 300mm table telescope.

thank you for reading and your greetings

Tami

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum

Imaging is very seductive and they don' call it the 'dark side' for nothing. Using a webcam for the moon and the planets is such an effective way to get into imaging and to produce great results. The frustrations come later with deep sky objects (galaxies & nebula) where accurate tracking and a good mount come into play so you might have that to look forward to.:) Look forward to seeing your images posted up on the forum.

Clear skies

James

Thank you for the greetings

am new to astronomy but not to tinkering, as my name may imply ( R/C car racing).

i Cut my teeth for around 20yrs in the radio control toy area. from racing to truck conversions, flying heli's and general tinkering, body spraying and decal design. i was also an avid kiteboarder and extreme sports man, but as i become old my bones tended to snap and not bend.

so astronomy , photography and gardening became my choice of hobby. i have already converted a cybershot point and shoot to false colour IR, and just finished converting a microsoft HD-5000 webcam to astrocam, i documented this on a different none astronomy site. but added a couple snaps of the moon here. a couple of many to come i hope.

thank you again for the warm welcome to your community

Tami

Archived