NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I can't cope anymore !

malc-c

Sorry guys I need to do a rain dance and bring in a few cloudy nights... 5 clear nights on the trot, with work the next day has left me in a zombiefied state :)

The lack of sleep, busy at work and problems with PHD guiding has taken its toll.... time for bed !!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling it as well

It looks like I've got 2 black eyes,it could have been the grappling with the GPDX last night

but

I'm capturing data with the ccd and I've just about sorted the GPDX out for a go at jupiter again after last nights battle

carry on you will regret it when it clouds over

Steve

Exactly. I'm crackered. I've been out 4 nights running collecting data on the Eastern Veil, the Western Veil, M27 and the Cocoon nebula. Even though it's the weekend, I can't cope with another late night, I need a rest! When is it ever going to rain? :).

I don't know how people in more pleasant climes cope with all those clear nights!

Observing every night? Nah! This is not how astronomy in Britain is supposed to be. It is supposed to be days, week, months even without even a hint of an observing opportunity. Endless days poring hopefully over weather forecasts, with clouds that roll in at the very sight of a dewshield; astronomers staring forelornly at the sky waiting for the unkept promise of a break in the weather; storm clouds that gather at the very mention of newly-bought astronomy-related kit.

Argh! :p

Observing every night? Nah! This is not how astronomy in Britain is supposed to be. It is supposed to be days, week, months even without even a hint of an observing opportunity. Endless days poring hopefully over weather forecasts, with clouds that roll in at the very sight of a dewshield; astronomers staring forelornly at the sky waiting for the unkept promise of a break in the weather; storm clouds that gather at the very mention of newly-bought astronomy-related kit.

Did we just come through that :)

I agree Malcolm. I have had maybe 7hr sleep in two long days and I'm a big fan of sleep. Problem is I'm a bigger fan of those clear skies so here's to another sleepless night and more dizziness and feeling ill for Sunday :) LOL ever get the feeling you can't win :p

Bunch of bleeding hearts, be thankful for the skies, I have been in Galloway since Wednesday and I would have given anything for 5 nights of clear weather. What's the betting that now I'm back Brum's gonna start clouding over.

Rock and a hard place for me tonight. Wife has BBC booked for the evening, Strictly, Merlin Dr Who and Casualty and all that rubbish. And my neighbours are about to start a BBQ, and they go on for a while.

So a very late start for me tonight, and I can't even set up before hand...not unless I want my gear covered in BBQ cast off and smoke.

Rock and a hard place for me tonight. Wife has BBC booked for the evening, Strictly, Merlin Dr Who and Casualty and all that rubbish. And my neighbours are about to start a BBQ, and they go on for a while.

So a very late start for me tonight, and I can't even set up before hand...not unless I want my gear covered in BBQ cast off and smoke.

Sounds like a few hours sleep before the observing :)

I have been tacking full advantage of the clear skies managed to book three days off so I have been hard at it for four nights. I have managed 3.5 hours sleep a night but the thing is having less sleep seems to have made my time off last longer seems like ages since I was at work so thats got to be a good thing.I promissed my self that I would not bother tonight but I can feel the draw resistance is pointless will be kicking my self if I don't go out and have a look. It's the weather getting revenge for all the time I spend cursing and moaning about my astro gear being sat in the cupboard for months on end.

I've worked up a beautiful astronomers tan. :)

Would that also be known as a radiation tan.

i think if i had carried on any longer tonight i would have woke up with a 15m TV attached to my eye socket. i must admit i like my scope but i prefer to cuddle the better half.

Its been a tremendous spell we have had folks, plenty of time for sleep when the cloud and rain return, which I hope is not for a few weeks yet!

..........................goes outside to have a look at Orion returning :) I love those winter skies :p

Well looked out about 8:30 ish and whilst clear seeing looked a bit iffy with high level think cloud, so I agreed to stay in and watch a DVD with the kids and be sociable for one night this week... I had considered going out after the film had finished.... by 10:00pm I apparently was snoring my head off so was packed off to bed by the wife (muttering I would be foolish spending all night out there again)

Anyway, at least I'm refreshed for tonights session :)

Archived