NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My new CPC1100

Gadget

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking set up and I'm sure it provides terrific views too. Of course one of the advantages of the "fastar" facility is that it must help reduce the cool down times by quite a bit I would have thought, did you notice a big difference?

Thanks for posting the pics Kev, I shall now have to change my shirt due to my constant dribbling!

Clear skies

James

Thanks for the kind comments guys im so happy with it really is a great bit of kit

Great looking set up and I'm sure it provides terrific views too. Of course one of the advantages of the "fastar" facility is that it must help reduce the cool down times by quite a bit I would have thought, did you notice a big difference?

Thanks for posting the pics Kev, I shall now have to change my shirt due to my constant dribbling!

Clear skies

James

It is not something that i have noticed myself James as i have always kept my scopes in a unheated garage so cool down has never been much of an issue really so i don't know if fastar helps the process really

Sorry about the shirt ;)

Nice scope kev,ive been looking into buying one myself.

I don't think you would regret it taffy 2 but i take it from some of your other posts you wanted to do some DSO imaging which due to the mount are not really suitable but they are a nice solid visual platform and of course great for webcam planetary/lunar stuff

Nice looking telescope....permission to be very envious??? :glasses2:

Permission granted :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of getting the 925 but I am starting to think of the 1100 instead. I am a big strong lad and you only live once. The 1100 is only a few hundred quid more and I don't want to end up regretting not getting the extra aperture. Then again, 925 is still a biggie...

Thing is in my situation I can use it from the back garden but to get some proper dark sky I need to move to the back of where I live 400m away - so i'd need to build a box and a trolley of some sort as well

Questions, questions.....!!!!

very nice instrument, you should be very proud of it, i have spoken to people that have owned both the 925 and 11 inch sct`s and they have said that the differance between the two is very small, not having had on myself i can`t comment on it anymore apart from imaging purposes the 925 is supposed to be the best all rounder.

Archived